Have you ever wanted to foster a sense of belonging and contribute to the rich and diverse residential communities at UCSD? Residential Offices across the colleges manage a robust staff selection process to ensure both students and communities find a successful residential staff team.
This section of our website has been set-up to help guide you through the selection process as well as share relevant information and dates to help you through the process.
Introduction and What to Expect
Undergraduate residential student staff play a critical role in the creation of safe, inclusive residential communities that support student health and well-being. Residential Offices across the colleges strive to facilitate a staff selection process that balances consistent standards and expectations with the distinctive needs and cultures of the individual residential colleges. The RA/HA Selection committee strives to implement a process that is fair and considerate of the experience of all participants, and provides equitable access to all participants.
Phases of the Selection Process
- Information session - attend a live or watch an asynchronous session
- Application - Submit a completed application via Handshake or follow link below
- Interview/s - There are a total of 2 (two) formal interviews in the process
- The Placement - Members of the Residential Life Offices with vacancies will review application materials and extend offers
- Application: Submit a completed application via Handshake or follow link below
- Interview: Participate in interview/s process with RL Pro staff members
- The Placement: Members of the Residential Life Offices with vacancies will review application materials and extend offers
A few things to note for applicants
- The RA/HA Application will be open from November 22, 2021 at 12:00am through January 6, 2022 at 11:59pm.
- Once you begin the application you may save your progress along the way and return to the application to continue working on it as much as you like. However, you must complete your application by 11:59pm on Thursday, January 6, 2022.
- Please take time to think about the questions. Carefully consider what is being asked and whether you are answering the questions completely. Remember to use spell check and grammar check on your answers before submitting your application.
- Remember you are applying to the RA/HA position in general and not directly to a specific college or area. Your application will be provided to all residential colleges
- Each of the residential communities participates in a combined selection process. Meaning, all areas will review applications, interview material, and select candidates for the RA/HA role instead of individual areas.>
- In this application process, candidates will be able to rank all eight (8) preferences of residential areas they would like to potentially be placed in.
Residential Selection Timeline
Academic Year: 2022 - 2023
- Application Opens: Monday, November 22 @ 12:00am
- Application Deadline: Thursday, January 6 @ 11:50pm
- Interviews: Week 3 through Week 9 of Winter quarter*
- Offers Announced: Week 10 of Winter quarter*
RA/HA Training & Staff Move-in:
- Staff Move in: 8/21/22*
- Student Staff Training: 8/22/22*
- First-year / Incoming students Move-in: TBD
- Week of Welcome- WOW!
- First day Classes!
Review the RA/HA Information Session Here:RA/HA Information Video:
LEARN ABOUT EACH RESIDENTIAL COLLEGE
- ELEANOR ROOSEVELT COLLEGE: https://roosevelt.ucsd.edu/res-life/index.html
- MUIR COLLEGE: https://muir.ucsd.edu/reslife/
- REVELLE COLLEGE: https://revelle.ucsd.edu/res-life/index.html
- SEVENTH COLLEGE: https://seventh.ucsd.edu/residence-life/index.html
- SIXTH COLLEGE: https://sixth.ucsd.edu/residence-life/index.html
- THE VILLAGE AT PEPPER CANYON & THE RITA ATKINSON RESIDENCES: https://hdh.ucsd.edu/housing/thevillage/pages/ResLife.html
- THURGOOD MARSHALL COLLEGE: https://marshall.ucsd.edu/res-life/index.html
- WARREN COLLEGE: https://warren.ucsd.edu/res-life/index.html
Review the RA/HA Job Description Here:Detailed Job Description 22-23: RA-HA detailed JD 2022-2023.pdf
APPLY TO BE 2022-23 RA/HA HEREAPPLY NOW
- Handshake: Job #5643004